The student news site of Laguna Beach High School

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

Tesla Cyber-truck Overview and Review

Tesla’s new and controversial Cybertruck has hit the market with sightings all over OC, This truck has had hype around it ever since it was announced back in the fall of 2019 where if we remember Elon’s viral moment wherein a part of the announcement and overview of the truck he threw a metal ball to test the trucks almost invincible glass windows and ended up cracking the window. The truck remained under the radar until this year when Tesla started to roll out a few to the few selected customers or people who are close to the company. The Cybertruck has a truck design unlike any other truck with its modern look. It is made from stainless steel panels onto a steel skeleton forming a bulletproof exoskeleton it uses a special grade stainless steel which reduces fingerprints and stains which a lot of people were concerned about when they first saw it come out. This beast weighs a whopping three tons and is an electric tank. The Cybertruck has new door technology that requires no door handles and it works when the car goes into entry mode where you just slide your hand on the side door and it automatically opens at a 90-degree angle. The 845 horsepower Cybertruck’s speed can go from 0-60 in 2.6 seconds which is impressive compared to the Ford Lightning (also electric) which only goes 0-60 in about 3-4 seconds. Tesla gave the truck improved handles which make driving smoother and it makes turning smoother for such a big truck. It also comes with standard adaptive air suspension which comes in four settings Entry level is used when entering the car where the car is at ground level so it’s not a hassle getting in and out, the other mode is low which is used for regular street roads, then there’s a medium mode which gives it a slightly higher boost. But the most anticipated one was the High mode which is for when you go off-roading in it and it goes to a maximum ride height of 17 inches above the ground. Moving on to the cargo load, this is where this truck had doubts but has pushed past the criticism with its maximum payload of 11,000 pounds for the All-wheel drive while the rear wheel drive can handle a lesser cargo of 7,500 pounds.

I believe that Teslas Cybertruck lives up to the hype around it with a good battery range and redefined technology, its cargo load is probably the best compared to other electric trucks and has remarkable performance for its size. Overall if you have 70,000 to 90,000 dollars for a futuristic-looking and power-lifting truck go for it but if not go for any truck that fits your price range. I give the Tesla Cybertruck a solid 7/10 when more fixes are made and more start to roll out I believe these things could be the future of trucks and heavy-hauling vehicles and we know it.