The student news site of Laguna Beach High School

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

Raising Cane’s: One Love

As soon as I walk through the doors to Raising Cane’s, I know I will leave with a full and happy stomach. Not only do they make amazing food but they also give a great family experience. Cane’s isn’t like other fast-food restaurants, as they have tons of artwork inside and pride themselves in making fun paintings. They are easy to recognize with their simple logo and are based on a dog named Cane. Many people wonder why to name a fast food chain after a dog, but the reason why is very sweet and kind.

Cane’s is a global restaurant looking to expand further than its current 31 U.S. states and five countries. Cane’s has about 705 locations worldwide and is making a revenue of approximately 1.5 billion (2020).  The  most common ages of Cane’s customers are between 16 and 34. Raising Cane’s was founded by (CEO) Todd Graves and Craig Silvey on August 29, 1996, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

The mood at this restaurant is very chill but full of anticipation for the hot, yummy food. It is unique because it is named after a dog and serves Texas toast as a side. Cane’s is a fast-casual restaurant and is always crowded. Cane’s does have TVs but they typically only display the menu or sports games. The theme of Cane’s appears to be a Californian/Western style, but they have a bunch of varying themes for each restaurant.There are a bunch of designs and beautifully made imagery like a wall being broken with Cane’s logo or a cartoon portrait of the beloved dog named Cane. Cane’s originally was going to be named “Sockeyes,” but a friend of Todd Graves recommended he name it after his labrador retriever. Since Cane I there have been two other labradors that have kept the legacy. The original Cane was a fun-loving, people-person dog; He could be seen with dark shades of sunglasses covering his eyes. Cane II was actually a therapy dog and would help cheer up hospital patients. Cane III is continuing to keep the namesake. She visits restaurants and helps to bring a fun vibe for Cane’s workers 

The crunchy crisp fingers are the main reason everyone comes to Cane’s.  The high-quality and never-frozen fingers are the perfect main course. They are marinated and battered to the perfect type. The grease on the fingers is never too much to ruin a meal and can make everyone’s day. As the smell of fried chicken seeps its way into your nose it is impossible to resist chowing down every single piece. No matter how many you want to eat or share, Cane’s has got the whole group covered with its various combos. Also, a finger sandwich can be devoured too, which isn’t as good but still gets the job done. The memorable crinkle fries are seasoned perfectly and go especially well with the famous “Cane’s Sauce”. Before even setting a saucy fry or chicken finger to one’s lips, the mouth instantly starts to salivate. Dipping anything into these is unbelievable as the savory, smooth, creamy, and tangy sauce activates everyone’s taste buds. On a scorching hot day, there is nothing better to do than grab some Cane’s fresh lemonade. With ice-cold temperatures, it is not hard to wonder why this drink is the best drink that Raising Cane’s has to offer. Eating buttery Texas toast is unbelievable as not only does it taste amazing but it also is soft as a pillow. It can be easily ripped apart to share or dip in the secret sauce. It is the perfect golden brown color and has seeds sprinkled on top to add a slight crunch.

Of course, everyone always orders a combo and subs the coleslaw out for extra Texas toast. A final tip would be to slow down when eating so as to not get a stomach ache from all of the flavor seeping from the fresh food.  

The drive-thru is a great option as it still comes out at the perfect temperature and time. Make sure you get just enough food to fill your stomach up! Cane’s is that perfect lunch or late night snack when you are craving some good fast food. 

View Comments (2)