The student news site of Laguna Beach High School

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

Brush and Palette

ASB and their path to school spirit

LBHS students enjoy a fun time at Quadchella last year. Last year was LBHS’s first ever Quadchella.
Jennifer Lundblad

LBHS is beginning a new year which means dances, football games, pep rallies, and more. Last year school spirit was through the roof, but can it be the same this year? ASB has already begun proving to us it can.

“I think ASB is gaining some participation, however, I think it is too early in the year to tell how many students are ready to participate and we will gain traction later in the year,” said ASB student Marlee Sinay.

ASB and LBHS staff are beginning to start a lot of fun activities this year for the school. Things like more Fun Fridays, football game themes, and dances are already gaining traction among our students.

“I am very excited about the things that are happening this year, like Quadchella and some fun Clash of the Classes events,” stated Sinay.

People are loving the effort ASB is putting in. They are beginning to create a spirit-run school where our students can express their love for our community and school district. This year ASB has some new ideas in store for our student body.

“There are some new events this year the school will enjoy,” said Sinay.

One fun thing that is getting put in this year is the class challenges. Each class has opportunities to win and at the end of the year, one of the classes will win. 

We also have so many new clubs this year. Club Rush is an annual event that LBHS holds, but this year it was truly amazing. There were so many clubs eager to make a change in the world and to gain the attention of our high school students.

So many new things are in store for us this year, and things like the new freshman class can also bring a fresh perspective to LBHS. This year ASB and our school staff are contributing so much, and we can’t wait to see the impact that pep and school spirit have on us.