Introducing our new principal: Dr. Allemann

Sasha Kvitsinski, Editor-in-Chief/ Managing Editor

This year, LBHS introduced its new principal, Dr. Jason Allemann. Allemann is replacing last year’s principal, Chris Herzfeld. Born in Orange County, Allemann went to Dana Hills High School.

“When I was in high school, I thought I was going to be a lawyer or a doctor, but then I found myself, after college, getting involved and working with students and being a part of education,” said Allemann.

After graduating from Dana Hills, Allemann studied at San Diego State, Long Beach University, and USC, earning multiple degrees.

“I started college as a political science major, and was briefly a speech and communication major, and ended up majoring in psychology. I later got a doctorate for educational leadership at USC,” said Allemann.

Since college, he has worked in four school districts, including the Anaheim, Capistrano and, now, Laguna Beach school districts. Throughout his career, Allemann has had experience working as a teacher, a school counselor, an assistant principal and a high school principal.

“It’s been a breath of fresh air for me to have him here because he is incredibly knowledgable, fair, firm, and he is incredibly supportive,” said counselor Angela Pilon.

The primary reason Allemann went into education is to be able to help and work with students.  Seeing students thrive and succeed is his favorite part of working at a school, and he looks forward very much towards working with the students here at LBHS.

“Everyone here seems to have a really professional approach to the work they do, and they all have a positive attitude when it comes to the work they want to accomplish here,” said Allemann.

He has been very popular in past schools including Dana Hills High School and has gained a reputation for being a dedicated principal who cares and works well with students school-wide.

“Allemann was a great principal. You guys should be excited. He’s genuinely interested in all the classes students take and how they can be improved. He can be laid-back and fun, too. He’ll fit in well at Laguna,” said current senior at Dana Hills High School, Ian Dunn.

Starting this summer, Allemann had already worked with the majority of the staff and is continuing to familiarize himself with the school.

The administration staff is feeling very supported by our new principal, Dr. Allemann. He has come in with enthusiasm and a commitment to work as a team to provide the best supports for our students and staff,” said assistant principal Nikol King.

As he has worked in multiple larger school districts, working in a smaller environment has been a new experience for Allemann.

“From my short time here, the level of support we get and give one another and being in a small school district is really a unique experience,” said Allemann.

Allemann has had years of experience working with kids and already envisions great things for LBHS.

“I want to make sure I know and understand the awesome students and staff here, and the greater school community,” said Allemann. “I want to challenge us to be the best organization we can be for the students.”