All the talk about the new english classrooms

Ben Kellogg, Reporter

This year, LBHS introduced to the campus newly redesigned and remodeled English classrooms. There are some many new features in the classrooms. I took this opportunity to interview directly some of the teachers who are benefiting from the many enhancements of the remodel.

Every classroom reflects the unique style of each individual teacher which demonstrates their teaching method and learning philosophy.  For example, Mrs. Hunnicutt has one person desks, Mrs. Kaa has a stadium style of seating, and Mr. Brusky has two person desks.

“I have my own classroom library, thanks to SchoolPower. This will help kids read more because if they forget a book, they can access one in the classroom directly without making a trip to the library,” said Hunnicutt. She also expressed her desire to create a more collaborative and comfortable workspace environment.

The stadium seating, the swivel chairs and the double monitors all help to make student learning focused and fun in Mrs. Kaa’s class.  

“I love my room!  It feels more spacious and student centered,” said Kaa, who describes her room as “rock n roll chic with literary flair.”

Mr. Brusky expressed a positive view of his classroom redesign as more partner-focused because of the two person desks; furthermore, he believes his new design creates a “coffee-shop relaxed learning vibe” because of the new wood decor in the room.  

I was able to create different comfortable pockets and stations throughout the room where students might separate from others and have room to brainstorm and conference with their teacher,” said Brusky.

Lastly, Mr. Mehegan talked about his desk step up and how he likes the big the large surface area.

“I love my new classroom. A big yes to a personality. I characterize my room as ‘Schweet Central!’”  said Mehegan.

Above: An English classroom ready to be remodeled.