Alumni Morgan Meyers Q&A

Q: What year did you graduate LBHS? 

A:I graduated with the Class of 2011.

Q: What have you been up to between graduation to now? 

A: After graduation, I attended Boston University, where I got a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry in 2015. I also got an Associate of Science in Graphic Design from Saddleback.

Q: How have you stayed in touch with LBHS before taking on your new official role? (teachers you’ve been in contact with… different jobs or roles you’ve filled, etc.) 

A: Before becoming a student teacher, I worked as a substitute teacher for mainly math and science classes at Thurston and LBHS. It has been really fun to reconnect with teachers I once had and to help out in their classrooms

Q: What are your plans for this year regarding LBHS/Job/Official Role? 

A: I am looking forward to learning everything I can while student teaching, both from Mr. Sogo and from the students here. During 1st semester, I will be mainly observing and helping out. In 2nd semester, I will be taking over two of his class periods and teaching those classes myself! I am excited to share my love of chemistry with my classes.

Q: What has changed at LBHS since you were a student here?

A: Things are very different since I graduated! The biggest difference is how prevalent technology is in the classroom. When I was a senior, maybe only a couple students would have a laptop with them in class. Now, there are huge TVs in every classroom, and every student has access to a device. It is amazing how much things can change in only about 8 years. Other things are still the same—like how kind the teachers and students are here.

Q: How will your new role assist your long-term goals in life?

A: I am eager to become a science teacher, and I know my role here as a student teacher will be instrumental in my development. I have a lot to learn, and I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to do so here at LBHS.

Brush and Palette • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in