Brush and Palette

Photographer Ashton Herman

Ashton Herman, Journalist

Born in San Francisco California, raised in Long Beach California – I am a 16-year-old photographer based out of Southern California.

I started shooting photos at 11 years old when my mom bought me a little $20 waterproof camera as a Christmas present. In these past 5 years, photography has played one of the biggest roles in my life: it has taught me so much about myself, the world, and I have met some amazing people in the midst of it all!

I am extremely thankful that at such a young age I have been able to figure out what I truly – would love to do for the rest of my life, which is to photograph the world the way that I see it, inspire others, and travel the world. As just some kid hustling to make a career out of photography since a very young age it has been lots of stress and hard work, but at the end of the day being in the moment shooting, whether it’s in the ocean, a vast landscape on the other side of the world, or even just hanging out with some friends. There’s something about that feeling of just being in the moment and just knowing that as soon as I press this little button at this very moment in time it will be saved forever for me to not only cherish, but share to the world, look back on when I am old, and to show my future children and what not. Always thinking back and remembering what got me into what I do is huge to me as well, thinking back to being a little kid playing in the ocean with a cheap camera, full of bliss – having the time of my life, to say the least. That’s something extremely special to me. It’s so crazy to look back nowadays and see how far I have come with all this and only being 16! It’s insane how much photography and going to new places has helped me evolve as a person at such a young age. I am so excited to see what the future holds for myself.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it… Thanks for checking out my photos as well, means tons!

Instagram : @ashtonherman

Website : www.ashtonherman.com