Jake Dameshek: The King of LBHS

Jake Dameshek: The King of LBHS

Clarence Cooper, Graphic Designer

The 2016 Homecoming Court was filled with beloved members of the student body. One prince in particular has made a very profound impact on his peers here at LBHS, and that is Jake Dameshek.

You may know Jake for his trademark red track suit, his exemplary participation in class, or simply being the friendliest guy around. He has managed to transcend the clique-based social system of high school by making friends in all corners of the student body. There really isn’t anyone who doesn’t like Jake.

“I’ve never seen him without a smile,” said senior Ryan Marx. “His happiness rubs off on all the people around him.”

Friends are very important to Jake. He knows that our school has his back at all timesand he has ours.

“I love all my guys and girls out there; everyone is so nice, and I’m glad I have so many friends,” said Damashek.

Jake, however, has a lot more going on than many would guess. He has a Youtube channel where he posts stop-motion Lego videos and various other creations. In addition, Jake is the founding member and lead vocalist of the Lego Band, which includes multiple students, such as Elijah Miesse and Josh Kramer, from around campus.

Two of Jake’s biggest interests are music and movies.

“I love Phil Collins, Genesis and Queen; plus, my favorite movie is Wall-E,” said Dameshek.

Aside from his friends, Jake also has a very strong relationship with his family.

“My mom and dad are really great!” said Dameshek. “I especially love going to shows with my Nana.”

Jake’s twin brother, Sam Dameshek, has also played a huge part in his life.

“My brother has always been so understanding and comforting to me; he and all his friends look out for me,” said Dameshek.

Jake has not had to deal with much bullying because the senior boys have been looking out for him since day one.

“Nobody messes with Jake, or else they will have to deal with me,” said senior Luc Meier.

Jake’s role on campus is best summed up by senior and Jake’s long-time friend Kenzie Wolff.

“LBHS is lucky to have someone as kind-hearted as Jake on campus. He brightens everyone’s day with his happy personality – not to mention, he’s an amazing dancer,” said Wolff.

The students’ love for Jake materialized when he won Homecoming King. That crown was recognition for twelve years of kindness, laughter and a contagious smile. He has touched so many lives at LBHS, including my own. Jake Dameshek truly is the King of Laguna Beach High School.

img_2875